Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Plastic Containers

I love plastic containers – they protect your lunch from the elements and help out the environment by reducing waste. But there are a few things I wish magically would change about plastic containers. 1. I don’t like carrying empty containers home and all the space they take up in my bag on the return trip home. If they were collapsible – then I’d be a lot happier. 2. I don’t like containers that leak. Why would anyone design a container that was not leak-proof? The shape and material of containers lends itself to being filled with items that could potentially spill. So why then would the container not prevent leaks? Just doesn’t make any sense to me. 3. Discoloration and warping. Containers should be tough so that last week’s heated spaghetti lunch doesn’t leave a permanent mark on the container wall and on the shape of the container. When I was in elementary school plastic containers were such a novelty that I’d make sure to always pack it carefully in my bag and take it home. Now containers are so undervalued that people just leave them around and never claim them again (look in your office lunchroom to see real hard evidence of this). I can’t believe though that people have parties where they buy plastic containers. Unless those plastic containers have food in them I wouldn’t go to a party like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home