Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, June 12, 2006

Superglue

Over the weekend I got myself some superglue to fix up my running shoes. I don’t know why, but the sole of my shoes decided to separate from the shoe part. Well I won’t stand for that! On the package of the glue there were several warnings that said it will bond skin immediately so BE CAREFUL! I don’t want joined digits so I wore rubber gloves. The shoes got fixed very well, so I started looking around the house for other things that needed to be super glued. The chopping board in my kitchen has these little rubber feet that become loose every time I wash the board – so I decided to glue down the feet to the board. Well here is the lesson from that adventure – make sure that you let the glue dry before you turn the chopping board onto its feet and start using it again. You might find that chopping board a little affixed to the counter. But if that does happen to you (not to say that it happened to me of course) – a knife will do the trick to release the board from the grips of the counter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home