Observations of a puzzling world

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Orange Juice

I drank a bottle of Fairlee Orange Juice from Concentrate yesterday, and discovered that it tastes nothing like an orange. Why is that? It is this super consistent bizarre orange color (not really the color of an orange), and has kind of a weird taste. Why doesn't it taste like oranges? And why does it have to be from concentrate? Doesn't that just insult the oranges? They get squeezed, then the juice is reduced, and stored for a better day. When the day comes around ­ water is added. I¹d be upset at this sort of treatment if I was an orange. Apparently drinking a bottle of orange juice far exceeds a serving of fruit by 3/4 of a cup (or something along those lines). According to this nutritionist that I saw on TV ­ drinking these big bottles of juice leads to people becoming overweight. I can't imagine this juice making anyone overweight - because it is not tasty at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home