Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, April 07, 2006

O-Matic

Yesterday while having a quick look at the equipment the custodian at work was using to buff the floor of the office, I noticed that one of the cleaning machines was called the “Floor O-Matic”. I’m not sure what the O-Matic means – but I know I’ve come across many O-Matics. My friend Caterina has a cooking set that is called the “Cook O-Matic”. A coffee shop I used to frequent used a “Bunn O-Matic”. Elroy Jetson used to have an “Expand O-Matic” bag which he used to keep all of his nifty toys. So I guess an O-Matic is anything that helps you get your job done. And here I thought it meant the item was an Irish descendent of an automatic gadget.

1 Comments:

  • I only buy the "o-matic" brands myself. They last a lifetime, burns everything, and are built with "waterless technology" (my box is a bit dated, my mother bought it for me in 1982 -- at someone's house - the tupperware party of the 80s).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home