Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, April 03, 2006

Saturday morning cartoons


I was channel surfing on Saturday morning when I came across some cartoons for kids that I had never seen before. I rarely see cartoon shows on TV that were around when I was a kid. I think it’s because the old cartoons were so unrealistic. Why did Fred Flintstone wear a tie? He worked in a quarry after all – you would think that casual attire would be acceptable. Donald Duck always dressed as a sailor – but I wasn’t aware that he was a member of the military. Kermit the Frog had a collar but no shirt to which it was attached – and he married a Pig. Popeye’s muscles miraculously grew when he swallowed a can of spinach - but he was also a chain smoker.

2 Comments:

  • also, wouldn't the tie have been a safety hazard near the machinery/rock chewing dinosaurs?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 5:20 PM  

  • and why is smurfette the only girl in a village of men with the pimp daddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home