Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, March 24, 2006

Directions

I read recently that men who are lost when driving wait an average of 20 minutes before giving up and asking for directions, while women wait only 10 minutes before seeking help. Men will even endure 10 minutes of nagging from their spouse before giving in and asking for directions. To all of these lost motorists, I advise you not to ask me for directions – because I guarantee they will not get you to where you want to go. Any time a driver pulls over and asks me for directions I give them direction as best as I can, and in my mind make sense. After the motorist thanks me and drives away I watch him go off in the wrong direction. Correction – the direction in which I instructed him to go, but not the direction of his destination. I am not sure why I cannot provide driving directions, but really – do I look like an atlas? If I have time to sit down and think about where it is you want to go, I can get it right. But there is something about standing outside in the cold and providing directions to someone in a warm luxury vehicle that doesn’t work for me. You’d think that they would just use their on-board navigation system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home