Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Limited time offer...

This is what I heard during the weekend while at a department store “Ladies and Gentlemen – this is a one time special. Gather around for you will never see an event like this again. If you come and visit me at the booth on the 3rd floor and you will instantly be given a free gift. This is a limited time offer. If you come to my booth in the next 60 seconds you will instantly be given a free gift. An offer like this does not occur often, so come to the 3rd floor now and pick up your free gift. Only 20 seconds remaining ladies and gentlemen.” Of course when I heard this my ears perked up and I started darting toward the escalator. Luckily I was only on the 2nd floor, so not very far to travel. I made it to the 3rd floor – now I’m searching for the booth. Oh there it is! “Only 10 seconds remaining ladies and gentlemen.” Will I make it? I’m so close to that free gift! It must be great – it’s in a department store after all! I bet it’s a gift certificate… or a free day at the spa? Oh the anticipation is killing me! I don’t want to run and seem desperate, but this might be the best thing that has ever happened to me! I MADE IT – WHERE IS MY FREE GIFT? As the announcer lady hands out the free gifts I can’t believe it – it was a free sample of a new “miracle towel”. A 3 inch x 5 inch square of some space age absorbent material. I told her I didn’t want one – she wasn’t impressed. I can’t believe I embarrassed myself darting up the escalator for that. Not to mention how dangerous it can be running on a moving metal walkway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home