Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just stop it

This is just disgusting, but why are people spitting everywhere? Every time I am walking outside I see people relieve their mouth of liquid onto the sidewalk. Littering is so taboo – but no one says anything to the human camels! What is with the need to spit? I just cannot rationalize it. If it is based on what you are eating for lunch, you managed to keep most of it down – so do us all a favor and finish the remainder of it. Don’t these people get parched from all the spitting? And what is this saliva doing to our groundwater supply? I doubt it benefits the environment in any way. If you are walking outside on a windy day – beware! You may be downwind from a spitter. So spitters of the world I say to you … unless you are on a dude ranch or in a desert, please stop the spitting. Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • Where are you hanging it out? Is this a problem there?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

  • I'm appalled!!! That's right... i've used my spitoon (and by that i mean the mounting pile of work in my "IN" box) 3 times reading this! You can't take away my right to spit at anyone, anytime, anywhere! It's in the constitution... it's my right... just like public urination and possibly kicking baby geese! I'll leave you with this: if all our heroes (read professional athletes) do it, dammitt.. so can I!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home