Observations of a puzzling world

Monday, March 27, 2006

What was that?

The other night I couldn’t sleep – so at around 2am I turned on the TV. There was nothing on so I just start flipping between channels. Then something caught my eye so I stopped and start watching. It was one of those shows that was visually so engrossing that I just stared at it. You know the shows – they usually involve car chases, hooting and hollaring, or singing and dancing. I found myself watching this show for quite some time until it went to commercial. Strange that during the commercials I couldn’t understand a single thing. It was then that I realized that the show I’ve been watching isn’t even in English, or any language that I understand. I think it was in Croatian. I had just spent 20 minutes staring at the TV and not understanding a single thing that I’ve watched. I try to consider how I didn’t pick up that the show was in a different language, but nothing comes to mind. But I kept watching the show when it returned from commercials - there was nothing else on.

2 Comments:

  • nothing else on? there's always a magic bullet blender infomercial on... always!
    bonus points for finding a soccer-related picture only a few short months before the world cup :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • you promised very exciting thig for today.....

    I've done similar things.. I actually kept watching spanish soap opera for one episode.. (strangely.. I thought I understood.. but I have no idea if they are all real family or just good friends.. <-- you know what I mean.. they treat ppl as if they are cousins or something.. )

    btw.. the "word verification" appearing below says "nlsys".. I automatically thought it been a classname for our program.

    By Blogger waterlover, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home