Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

God Save the Queen

I bought a book of stamps last week. I just needed stamps – and wasn’t very picky on the type of stamps that I got. The sales lady said she had a “special” book for me. I was privileged enough to purchase stamps that commemorate Queen Elizabeth’s 80th birthday! Lucky me! But really – who celebrates the Queen’s birthday? If I don’t get a day off, or at least some free cake, it really means nothing to me. Now I am embarrassed of using these stamps. It makes me feel like an old person who has a commemorative spoon collection. And I think that’s why the lady sold me these stamps – to make me not want to use them and purchase more stamps (that don’t have the Queen’s face on them). Personally if I was the Queen I wouldn’t want my face on all of these stamps. I don’t want people licking anything that has my picture on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home