Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Anecdotes

This is about those people who just have a GREAT story to share with you. "Wait I've got this story to tell you. The other day I ran into this person who was wearing a jacket that had tassels and then …oh wait, have I told you this before? Well anyway… he was wearing tassels…" You think to yourself - if he tells me this story one more time I am going to stab myself in the eye with this pen I’m pretending to write with. How do you tell people that you are tired of hearing the same anecdote? Yes I know you saw someone who looks like Rod Stewart buying a hotdog - You already told me, several times. I don't want to be rude, but after hearing the same anecdote for the seventh time, I’ve had enough. Unless the story gets more exciting or I am allowed to tell it – I don’t want to hear it anymore. I think I can probably tell the story better anyway - I'd make it more entertaining if I was telling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home