Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Reminiscing shoes

I recently threw out an old pair of shoes – not a very unique occurrence, and definitely not unexpected. I had the shoes for about 4 years – they had holes on the inside, and the soles were so worn down they were completely smooth. There was absolutely nothing salvageable about these shoes. But after I threw them out I considered how long I had them and everywhere I had worn them. I wore them all around New Orleans (pre Hurricane Katrina), in Disneyland, through 4 Ontario winters, and up the CN tower stairs (during the stair climb). I’m sure I’ve worn them in other interesting places – that’s all I could think of. But I thought it was pretty interesting how much those shoes had been through. There are several new “smart” running shoes with computer chips that communicate with ipods, or adjust the sole grip according to the terrain. But I think new shoes need to be developed that have some type of photo capabilities. Everyday it can take photos of where you wore those shoes. Then when it is time to throw them out you could see all the photos and remind yourself of all the places you’ve seen with those shoes. What’s better than scrap booking via shoes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home