Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Garage Sales

One of the most exciting things about summer weekends is garage sales. My neighborhood seems to have quite a few garage sales – everyone has crazy stuff to unload. I visited a few garage sales this past weekend searching for paperbacks. People seem to have libraries of books with topics ranging from Middle Eastern cooking, to maternity tai chi and 1972 Funk and Wangles Encyclopedias. One household across the street from me had a huge box of books in their garage sale, so I decided to sift through to find something interesting. After going through about 30 books on a number of random topics, I came across a book at the bottom of the box – a book on pleasuring your wife. Now there is nothing wrong with having this book, and based on the cover it did look very tasteful. But it was extremely tattered and had a number of bookmarks in it. I guess the fellow selling this had learned all he could from the book, but it seems to me that this may be the type of garage sale item that is better tossed out than resold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home