Observations of a puzzling world

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Haircuts

They’re part of most people’s lives – haircuts. However, they can literally make or break you. I find that every few months I am in dire need of a haircut – and then the day I choose to get my hair cut, I have a great hair day (oh the irony). So there I go, with my great hair – to have it chopped off and restyled. I went for a hair cut two weeks ago, and am still recovering from the experience. I received a rather poor cut – not at all what I was hoping for. Now granted it is only hair, and it will grow back – but I have to live with this awful hairdo until it does grow out.

From this experience I have picked up few pointers when it comes to hair:

1. If you need to clarify what you would like to the hairdresser, reconsider. Either you are way off with the style you want, or the hairdresser doesn’t understand what you want. Either way – you’ll have a surprise when you’re done.

2. If people comment “Oh you got a haircut” – that means you look bad.

3. If people comment “Nice haircut” in a sincere manner – either you look good, or they are just being nice because your hair looks terrible (it’s a tough call on that one).

4. When the stylist tries to sell you hair care products after your cut – that means using this product is the only way to salvage your terrible new hairdo until it grows out.

5. If you wear glasses – opt for contact lenses while you get your haircut, or again you’ll receive a surprise at the end.

I once read that people who brood over their bad haircuts are candidates for high blood pressure. Wouldn’t that just be great – I’d die of hypertension WITH a bad haircut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home