Observations of a puzzling world

Friday, February 03, 2006

Bananas

I have a love-hate relationship with bananas. Bananas have several benefits: they’re healthy to eat, they provide much needed yellow color in your kitchen to contrast the avocado green refrigerator, and the peel can be thrown on the ground to make the person behind you slip and fall. But the banana is still not my most favorite fruit. I think its goes back to when I was young and my mother brought home some banana-flavored medicine. I’m not sure which genius thought that making medicine taste like bananas will make kids want to take it more… really - it just increases the gag factor. Yesterday I was telling Brian (of podcasting fame) that when I bring a slightly ripe banana for lunch, all of a sudden every single thing in my bag smells like bananas. So yesterday I ended up with a banana-smelling sandwich, laptop, and wallet (the smell of leather and bananas don’t mix – in case you thought you could capitalize on it). So what can be done about this banana problem? I found the “Bananabox” online that promises no more worries about bananas “getting smashed in your bag, lunch box, or suit pocket”. The suit pocket was really my biggest concern – thank goodness for this invention! I wonder if it does anything for the smell?

3 Comments:

  • The banana box!!! I didn't tell you that ivey from my lab had one before? And she was giving them away to ppl for xmas??! It cost her $8!!! She bought it in Haliburton. I was wondering if it conforms to all bananas?? In Malaysia here, there are many types of bananas - not just the long chiquita bananas from south america. Would they have short banana boxes too? Hmmm Something to ponder....

    By Blogger twm, at 11:30 AM  

  • that's preposterous! haven't you people heard of tupperware? it's cheap... it comes in many colours and you can even have parties around it... it may not be shaped like a banana, but i'm sure tupperware will in fact accomodate for all those wonderful banana varieties winky gets in malaysia.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

  • tupperware! That's a great idea - besides I cannot get the banana box in Malaysia anyways!

    By Blogger twm, at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home