Observations of a puzzling world

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

In the future an entire meal will come in a pill...

I must confess… I am a vitamin junky. I know - it’s a habit I’m not proud of… but really, is there any way of avoiding it? Every time I go to the doctor there is a new vitamin I’m not taking. “You need Vitamin E for your skin” – another pill. “You should take more vitamin C” – 3 more tablets. “Omega 3 helps cholesterol” – a capsule this time. Every morning I have about 8 different vitamins, all for different purposes. Now when I got to a vitamin shop, I leave wondering if there is really any purpose to eating real food anymore? There are pills for everything, and if you’re not a big fan of pills, you can get most things in powder or liquid form. So really, I’m surprised that the grocery store hasn’t disappeared all together. Think about it everything that you eat in the day can be replaced by something in a vitamin shop. Cereal and milk in the morning – fiber and calcium tablets. Salad at lunch – greens powder mix. Steak for dinner – iron tablets. I’m surprised more people haven’t caught onto this … because think of the time you’d save if you didn’t have to eat. People keep waiting for meals to be in tablet form, but clearly those people are oblivious because multivitamins have been around for ages. Take one and that’s your entire meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home