Observations of a puzzling world

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Walking etiquette

Yesterday while on my way to work, I was cut off twice. I guess this would not be unexpected while on the highway, but I was walking … so it was rather unusual. The first time I was coming out of the subway. Someone who was smoking a cigarette cut me off – so in addition to putting on the brakes, I had the extra exhaust to deal with. The second time was inside our building by someone who had just purchased a hot cup of coffee.

Now you may not think that this is so strange, but it was annoying, and had I not been careful – I could have experienced 2nd degree burns! I decided to look for walking rules so that we can all avoid future encounters like the ones I experienced. Luckily, there are “pavement etiquette” rules available that we can all follow. Read them closely – they are very informative. Unfortunately for me, one of the rules is to not use a stroller to push other people out of the way – that was the way I was getting even!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home